(Adoption date on 8 December 2014)
(Updated on 15 June 2023)
We will only collect, use and provide personal data for the purposes as set out below in this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By providing your personal data to us, by continuing to engage with our Services, or by signing our consent form (as the case may be), you are accepting this Policy. If you do not agree to any of the provisions of this Policy, please do not provide any personal data to us or continue to engage with our Services. Please also notify us of your request to stop using your personal data for the purposes as set out in this Policy (as the case may be).
Please note that provision of personal data is compulsory because in the event that you do not provide personal data to us or in the event that incomplete or inaccurate information is provided, we may not be able to provide or conduct our relevant Services in question (as the case may be). For example, if you provide incomplete or inaccurate information in your communications with us, we may not be able to properly process or follow-up with you on the relevant matters concerned.
This Policy may be translated into different languages. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the different language versions, the English version shall prevail. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the below address if you have any question about this Policy:
LUI Che Woo Prize Limited
1801, K. Wah Centre,
191 Java Road,
North Point, Hong Kong.
1801, K. Wah Centre,
191 Java Road,
North Point, Hong Kong.
1. What kind of Personal Data is collected?
In general, the various kinds of personal data that may be provided to or collected by us that can personally identify an individual would generally include, but are not limited to, name, contact address (e.g. office, email, home and/or mailing address), telephone numbers, and/or other personal title, name of the individual’s organization/institution, etc, and similar information about individuals that we deal with in connection with our Services (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”).
2. How do we use Personal Data?
We will use your Personal Data for or in relation to or otherwise in connection with the Prize and/or any or all of our Services (as the case may be). The ways which we may use your Personal Data for such purposes may include, but are not limited to, the following:-
- Use for, manage, process, handle, follow-up and otherwise facilitate the provision or conduct of any or all of our Services (as the case may be);
- Manage, process, handle, follow-up and otherwise facilitate our communication with you;
- Use for our publicity, internal management and/or administrative purposes for and in relation to the Prize;
- Contact you and to provide you with information regarding the Prize, activities and events in relation to the Prize, both in current and future years;
- Publish profiles of the Prize awardees on our publications, website for the Prize and any other medium (whether now existing or invented in the future) that we may use for publicizing and/or providing information to the press and public on the Prize and/or the Prize awardees.;
- Facilitate, compile, prepare, process, perform and generate database, statistics and analytical reports and analysis for and in relation to the Prize;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate this Policy or be illegal.
3. Direct marketing
We do not and will not collect, use and provide your Personal Data for direct marketing to you.
4. Who do we provide Personal Data to?
We may provide your Personal Data to other third parties for various purposes as set out in further detail below. Except as expressly set forth in this Policy, we do not share, sell, transfer, provide, rent or trade your Personal Data with other third parties unless we have obtained your express voluntary consent in accordance with the PDPO’s requirements:
- We may provide, transfer or share your Personal Data to service providers engaged to process data on our behalf, or to provide us with services in relation to information technology support, servers and database management and maintenance, website hosting, etc, or to provide services or functions for or on our behalf (which may include but are not limited to publicity-related services, etc) for or in connection with any or all of our relevant Services and/or any or all of the relevant purposes as set out in this Policy (as the case may be);
- We may transfer or assign your Personal Data to any third parties as a result of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, transfer of assets, change of control, re-organisation of our company/operation, liquidation, or sale or dissolution of assets; or
- We may be required to disclose your Personal Data pursuant to a subpoena, court order or legal process, or to comply with any applicable laws or regulations, or lawful request from government authority, which may be without notice to you.
5. Security of Personal Data
Our computer system and servers have incorporated reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of your Personal Data and we have put in place reasonable precautions and measures to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, loss and misuse. However, while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Data once we receive it, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error and no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We shall not be liable to you for any unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, loss, and misuse to your Personal Data, and we shall not be held liable for any claims, loss or damage whatsoever howsoever resulting from any such unauthorized activity and/or any security breach not caused by our negligence or outside our control.
6. Storage or processing of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be stored or processed on computers or servers located in any country. You hereby confirm you understand, agree and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data outside Hong Kong to our facilities or data processors outside Hong Kong. The personal data protection laws of other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in Hong Kong, but we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the protection of your privacy and will only collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes which are set out in this Policy.
7. Access to and update of Personal Data
You have the right to know whether we hold your Personal Data, what type of Personal Data is held, and request access to, and correction of, any of your Personal Data held by us. If you have any such inquiries or wish to have access to your Personal Data and/or to correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, you may send such inquiry/request to email@example.com or LUI Che Woo Prize Limited, 1801, K. Wah Centre, 191 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong.